Monday 23 January 2012

Wedding Words

So the big day finally arrived and my sister tied the knot!  The day was the most beautiful day you could have asked for.  She got married at Peterborough Cathedral and had the reception at Orton Hall.  I will post a few pictures of the day in time and show you the table plan and favour table we devised ;-).

We came up with a unique idea of making tags and tying them onto a white rose lollipop tree for the table plan.  I like these new inventive ideas don't you?  I think it is such a  nice change from a board with names on.  Hannah had nothing horse related in her wedding so far and as she is a bit of a fanatic- had famous racehorse names for the table numbers; another stylish idea!

We came up with an idea for a sweet table with white decorative photo frames saying 'Please help yourselves'.  We bought vintage jars and bowls from a charity shop, tied gold ribbon around them and filled them with sweets.  People kept commenting on what a lovely time they were having so I think everything went down a treat!  We also laid out lanterns and candles in the great conservatory for an 'evening glow'.

It is my birthday today so I am really just doing nothing all day. Well I will be going out for lunch with the newlyweds actually so that will be nice :-)

Ta ta for now!


x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment